Tuesday 5 May 2009

Fake I.D. brief.


On the 30th April, I was lucky enough to do a one day brief with Fake I.D.

Fake I.D. was founded in 1999 by Yvan Martinez and Joshua Trees.

Fake I.D. is an independent graphic design practice that develops projects for cultural contexts (exhibitions, games, performances, publications, social media, websites and workshops.) Fake I.D. initiates collaborations between artists, brands and institutions, and works with companies to expand the cultural dimension of their communications through the origination motivation and support of thought-provoking activities and productions.
Currently in its tenth year, Fake I.D. had produced a diverse rang of work recognized in numerous books and magazines, including commissions from Aiwa, Anthropologie, COLORS, Emigre, The Face, Giant Robot, GBLT Historical Society, Harmony Korine, IdN, MTV, Nike, Sony, Urban Outfitters, Venice Biennale, Wieden + Kennedy and Zune Arts, among others.

The brief that Joshua and Yvan set us, was to use a set photograph and then produce a two minute voice over. Although this sounded an easy task, the catch was, that you couldn't directly reference anything appearing in the photograph itself.

For all the finished pieces, please visit;

No comments: