Tuesday 4 November 2008

Observer Magazine

For the past six weeks I have been working on re-designing the Observer Magazine.
The brief was to re-design the Observer Magazine to make it more appealing and interesting. I was set the task of designing a front and back page, editorial and inside cover page and two two page spreads. The two page spread was based on a article which was called Water Wars which in brief is about Tap Water against Bottled Water. I started this brief by associating words to do with War and then Water, after this I started putting two words together from each word association which helped me come up with some ideas. After I started with the initial ideas i started placing these on spreads so I could start adding type to the imagery to see how it would work. Whilst doing this I started using grids for the first time which helped me a lot because you get a lot more options for where things can be placed on the spread. Whilst doing this brief i used the Photography studio for the first time which helped me a lot with some of the imagery I used.

(going from top to bottom; front and back pages, editorial and inside cover, first spread and second spread.)

At the end of the brief looking at my final images i find them very succesful, although i wish had a bit longer to tweak the first spread because i find this page the most unsuccesful out of the set.

No comments: