Thursday 11 March 2010

MOSI - London


Whilst in London I went and visited the M.O.S.I in London. I did this because I wanted to compare this one to the one in Manchester due to research purposes for my final major project I'm currently doing in University. Whilst visiting the M.O.S.I straight away my first impression was how much of a better museum this is compared to the one in Manchester. This was due to straight away the security there was much more secure, the quality of the whole exhibitions themselves was an improvement on Manchester.


Each exhibition space was well lit, they was all very spacious and the quality of the objects there was much more impressive than Manchester. When in the Manchester museum, there was a barrier around all the objects being exhibited which to me was a let down, but yet you can understand because there's always that chance that the object can get damaged or stolen.

Over all I enjoyed visiting the MOSI in London much more than the Manchester one. Yes they both was free, yes they both had trains in them, yes they both had rockets or space objects in them, but the London one was just more enjoyable.

The interacting events which was thrown were enjoyable and funny, you wasn't surrounded by kids or anything like that so you wasn't frustrated with how compact how the space was. The London venue just had that extra something with everything which means a lot in end.

No comments: