Thursday 11 March 2010

V&A London - Decode



Whilst on a University trip in London, I went and visited the V&A in London (Victoria and Albert.) Whilst there I went and viewed the exhibition Decode.

Decode is an exhibition that has been collaborated between the V&A and OneDotZero, a contemporary arts organisation.

The exhibition is explores three themes;

Code presents pieces that use computer code to create new works and looks at how code can be programmed to create constantly fluid and ever-changing works.

Interactivity looks at works that are directly influenced by the viewer.

Network focuses on works that comment on and utilise the digital traces left behind by everyday communications and looks at how advanced technologies and the internet have enabled new types of social interaction and mediums of self-expression.

When I visited Decode, I was partially interested with what I saw, but on the other hand I felt down a bit. This was due to how people was saying how good of an exhibition it is, and how I should go and see it, but when I was there all the build up was for that. Yes it was interesting with how art can be created for technology and I'm glad I visited it, but on the other hand I didn't find it inspiring in one bit, I couldn't generate any ideas from it to do with my work.

No comments: