Thursday 20 August 2009

Pentagram World Cup Logo Bid

Whilst visiting the Pentagram website recently, I noticed how they have designed a logo for the FIFA World Cup big 2018/2022.

Whilst looking at this I started to think how does this relate to football? The logo seems to be more of a slogan "The game is in US" The idea of that is rather good but I still would relate it to football. With the slogan saying 'Game' this could relate to any type of sport, Baseball, Rugby, Hockey, Cricket etc. 

Whilst reading up on this logo on the Pentagram website, they go on to say that "The Game is in US, and utilizes a custom-designed typeface called Game and a bold multicultural color palette to convey the unmatched enthusiasm and amazing diversity of soccer fans in the US." This though does not go on to say how this relates to football, it just says how it relates to football fans.

Over all I don't like this logo I don't like how each letter seems to have lines going through it and most of all I don't like how it relates to football - your suppose to be trying to win a World Cup bid surely they could do a stronger idea?

No comments: