Saturday 28 November 2009

Portfolio Viewing

The other day I went and shown Dave Sedgwick my portfolio at 999 design.

The whole talk we had together was great, from the hello to the handshake at the end.

The positives I took out with have the portfolio viewing was;

1) How friendly Dave is.
Since e-mailing Dave on the very first time (regarding blogs) he has always been generous enough to take time out and reply back to any questions I ask him.

2) How we shouldn't be scared of showing off our work.

3) How impressed he was with the way I think - work I produced.
When showing my work Dave mentioned how he wishes he came up with ideas like I have for my work, two of these would be the poster for a museum, and then the other would be the brass band mailer.

4) How helpful he was with suggesting things to do which will benefit me.
At the end Dave suggested things that would held me stand out from the crowd, he suggested how I should take certain briefs further, don't just use the same istock photo that everyone else is, it becomes too repetitive .

Over all the hour or so spent with Dave was great. We mentioned that we should keep in touch still, and hopefully towards the end of my final year we could meet up and show him my final portfolio and see how it's come along.

No comments: