Monday 7 September 2009

Julian Wiedemann - Blogs - Good or Bad?

Another student I got in touch with on the agenda of blogs was Julian. 
Julian is another student that goes to the University of Wales. Although Julian mentioned how he found it hard to speak English, due to being back in his homeland as he finished University for a few months, I was very grateful for him answering the questions.

Questions and Answers;

1. When participating in a group/individual blog, how do you find it? Do you enjoy it and why?

- I do enjoy to work in a group of creative people and providing interesting stuff on the web.
- Also I find it cool to publicate your own interests and attitudes as well as designs and approaches.

2. I've found that a lot of student's aren't safe with putting there design work up on blogs due to the idea getting stolen. How do you find this? Are you happy to put your work up?

- To be honest I've never heard of one telling me that this has happened to them, but I can imagine, I always state the copyright stuff to my pictures... the little c is my friend (copyright symbol)
- I would never put up some work which is still being processed or which hasn't been discussed with the client.

3. Are you pressured into doing a blog, or do you just want to do it to get yourself noticed and more involved with topics?

- It's a really cool thing to have a blog, hardly every design student do have one and keep them up to date. But I don't feel that I'm pressured doing this.
- Maybe a bit. but only to match up with 'em.

4. What do you find positive and negative about having a blog?

Positive: 
- To keep your audience up to date about your stuff that you're doing.
- To publicate all your thoughts and things that come into your mind.
- It's a cheap way to communicate.

Negative:
- I do find it hard to keep it up to date and writing new articles and pages.
Ideas being stolen (as you mentioned before)

No comments: